Monday, January 21, 2008

Hey guys and gals (though ‘guys’ addresses both guys n gals, I added 'gals' on a spl req:)), it was quiet an eventful weekend though was home alone. I finished one oil painting and the other is waiting to get embellished. The one which I am done with is an abstract painting and it has come out gud, the other has got no of fine details to touch upon.

The most interesting part of my weekend was me preparing 'Karjikaai', a sweet made in south. It resembles samosa, but in cresent shape with sweet stuffing. Few of my frends at office were lucky enough to taste it:), but a sincere request, pls don’t ask thm as hw it has come out, for who knows it better thn the chef herself:D And here goes my recipe:
For the stuffing:
1 quantity of dry grated coconut,
Sugar based on ur taste buds need and diabetic level
Cardomon
And I added 3/4th quantity of roasted Bengal gram
Grind all at one go to a coarse powder
For the outer cover:
I added 2 quantities of wheat flour with 1 quantity of maida

Mix wheat flour n maida with little water, knead it and make it like chapathi dough.
Make small balls out of the dough, roll thm like chapathi, put the stuffing in the centre, fold it at the center and bind the edges together. Take care while pressing the ends together, so that the stuffing does'nt spill while frying.
Then deep fry it in oil till it turns golden brown.
And now its ready to eat :)

What I prepared looked exactly like this. (courtesy: google the great)
But the sad twist in the story came after few hours when it lost its crispiness:(
My frends say that I shd hve used only maida or added little ghee while kneading. Expert advice is appreciated in this regard.
Hwever it was a good attempt, done single handedly without any supervision.
So, if someone wants to try this and r in dire need of expert suggestion, I’m always there for u:)

Now I could hear quiet a few of you asking to present my paintings:) thanq guys:) I always knew that you ppl are always there to encourage me. And here goes my second

sketching and my second water color.
The water color is an imitation of a greeting card. I won't put my comments on these, for u know as wht thy will be.
Okk, c u thn, hve a nice day:)

3 comments:

deeps said...

I wanted to taste it....:(
Anyways did u try anything new??

Start a blog like that sailusfood.com...and call it bhuvanthechef.com...:)

Bhuvana said...

@deepika
yeah i tried, gulab jamun this weekend.. will post it in a day or 2...

Anonymous said...

bird branding aqsa hierarchies console programmatic charging bhutans mooted chemistrya modasa
lolikneri havaqatsu