Friday, March 7, 2008

What a week it was

Really!!! what a week it was.. I wonder how I would have spent the whole of this week without
an unrestricted net connection and without Google The Great.. a whole week spent with lots n lots of browsing (most of which poeple may categorise as junk), with breaks in b/n to do the work for which I am being paid for:).. yeah, attimes I used to get intimidated when I see few guys around doing serious stuff.. but then I used to continue with my activity, thinking that there are times when even I worked like them, and there will also be in the future.. but as of now let me use this valuable time.. hwever it is, the end result is really great, I found out an online music store, with a huge repertoire, obviously with the aid of google.
I wish you all a nice, rocking, colorful weekend. And here goes my first oil painting(yet to be varnished). Its long since I put any of my paintings in my blog. Most of my friends said that my oil paintings are more appealing compared to water colors. Its maily because of the sheen of the oil paints. I feel that water colors are more challenging compared to oil colors, for its always easy to repaint a layer in oil colors which is not the case with water colors. And the thing that I did'nt like with oil colors is it takes hell lot of time to get dried up. It really tests my patience, for I cant wait till I see the finished painting.
Regarding oil painting I took lots of fundaes from who else but google before starting, the main fundae is regarding the ratio of oil and thinner to be mixed, because its the deciding factor as how the colors of the painting will turn out to be after few years. It says for every layer the
quantity of thinner should be reduced and that of oil should be increased. But I am still
apprehensive if I am doing it the right way, for after years/decades I dont want my grand children to look at my paintings and say, "ahhh!! was my
grandmother color blind or is this her taste of colors":(... I have done
quiet a few paintings after this, but at hindsight I feel I should do little
more of googling regarding oil paintings. So all your feedbacks,
suggestions, advices are appreciable.

Hve a nice weekend guys n gals:)

No comments: