Friday, February 1, 2008

Illusions

"Well, Donald, Part One: I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy."
"OK. Part Two?"
"Part Two: Everybody else is free to do whatever they feel like doing, for a living.
Part Thtree: Responsible is Able to Respond, able to answer for the way we choose to live. There's only one person we have to answer to, of course, and that is ...?"
".....ourelves,"
.
.
.
"Even if the Rule was changed to Do unto others as they want to be done to, we can't know how anybody but ourselves wants to be done to. What the Rule means, and how we apply it honestly, is this: Do unto others as you truely feel like doing unto others.

Yeah, I agree, its pure plagiarism, each letter, word, formation is from the book Illusions, which I was reading on my way to office. I read the book for the first time some 2-3 years back, when I could'nt assimulate number of points, even now number of points are beyond my comprehension.

These words reminded me of Hoard Roark, who lives life on his terms, who does unto others what he feels like doing unto others with no emotions attached to his actions, who is all and only practical in life, who leads a happy life irrespective of what happens with his life and what others do to his life.... its really good if one can lead such a life, for everyone wants to lead a happy life, for we will be passing through this life only once.. But if everyone becomes a Hoard Roark, Donald Shimoda, Richard what will happen to the world, how does the world which is void of emotions look like...

No comments: